Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wind of Change

We have all probably faced it. Some time or another. Our outlook, love, friends, jobs and various aspects in life.

The changing scenes, the people coming and going. Never really realising sometimes, what has been, is no longer. We pause at times to wonder where we have been, and where she, he or they have gone. Some of us linger, without fully understanding that what we think still is, just isn't anymore.

By the myriad of reasons and circumstances and decisions, people move on.

Like a dawning moment of watching an imaginary bulb light up in a bubble over my head; I've come to see my redundancy in what was once a probably important or even self-assumed irreplaceable position I once held.

The winds cut into my skin and tears at my flesh, blowing what once was, away. Change has come and I inevitably shall. Someday. When there is naught but ashes for the wind to change.

I don't want to wait for the blooms in an arid desert, anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes as much as we hate the idea, we do have to drop people out of our lives for the betterment of ourselves. I'm sure you know we take time to know people, if after some time it's not our kind of people in our own individual preference... what needs to be done have to be done.

    I rarely think about where some folks have gone to. I only wonder when one finally lie down on the death bed awaiting the last breath, perhaps some of them will go... "Yes, I made a mistake".

    But it's too late. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete